Monday, February 11, 2008

Guess What I Just Did: Part 2

I just wrote a paper titled, "Female Representations and Significance to Southern Culture in Faulkner's 'As I Lay Dying' and 'Light in August'." Totally lame.

Well that's about it. I was going to go running today but instead I came home and fell asleep for two hours and then wrote that stupid paper. I'm going to run tomorrow morning. I always say that but I never do . . . I just can't get up early. I usually run at night. One time I went at 11:00 pm and that was pretty nice because no one was around to hear me breath really loudly.

Also, I run around an old, abandoned insane asylum which was built in the early 1800's. It's pretty neat. I think you can look it up on Wikipedia and see a picture of it. Anyway, it's a cool building. Way cooler than the insane asylum in Bartonville, or wherever.

You know, I just read that paragraph up there and I realized it sounds like I run around inside an old abandoned insane asylum . . . I don't do that . . . I run around the outside of it. Perimeter. I like to say perimeter because it makes me feel like maybe I'm in a movie, like Aliens or something, because everybody in that movie is constantly saying, "Check the perimeter." Alien and Aliens are such great movies. The third one is okay and the fourth isn't even part of the canon in my opinion. Another great movie is John Carpenter's The Thing. Those are maybe some of the best alien/horror movies ever. In fact this is how it goes:

- Alien trilogy (ignoring the fourth installment) = #1 (but only because there are three of them)
- John Carpenter's The Thing = #2
- Bladerunner = #3

You know, I can't think of any other alien movies that I really like . . . I don't know what's wrong with me but anyway, I just included Bladerunner because it's sci-fi and I like it.

Ughhhh, well I'd better go to sleep so I can get up early and go running . . .

P.S. I'm not going to get up early. Probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home