Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This Past Weekend (was such a bummer)

This past weekend was pretty lame and I'll tell you why: because I had to grade essays.

I dislike grading essays and I'm a talented procrastinator so I always end up having to do about ten of them in one night and it's absolutely torturous. Actually, it's not that bad. Sometimes it's okay. Plus I like taking breaks in between papers to play Playstation. That's why it takes me so long to go over the papers. Also, I constantly worry that I'm going to hurt some student's feelings because I've told them they don't have a discernible thesis. This paragraph is not cohesive . . . that's what I would tell myself if myself was a student. But I'm a teacher and so I can do whatever I want. I like that part.

I'm going to go snowboarding by myself I think, because no one here snowboards and I really, really want to go. I'm kind of excited because I'm going to be all grown-up and brave.

Ughhhhh. It's late and I'm supposed to be getting things ready for teaching tomorrow. But I'm not. And I'm not going to! I'm going to wing it. Sometimes that doesn't work at all, but I have a "feeling." This feeling tells me that I don't care if winging it doesn't work.

P.S. I bought Mortal Kombat for my Playstation 2, because all of the PS2 games are really cheap now, but anyway, did you know that you can make your own fighter!? It is so neat! You can pick the hairstyle and eye color and all kinds of outfits!! I love it! I'm shouting in my head, that's how much I love it!
P.P.S. I'm also watching The Goonies right now. Does anybody remember that movie? Because it's so great.

3 Comments:

Blogger Traever Guingrich said...

wait, are you a teacher or do you go to school or both? what are you in school for, video games?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Jonathan E. said...

Amanda, you're posting blogs again?

4:31 PM  
Blogger Booder said...

sometimes!

and yes, i'm in school again but i'm also a teacher at the same time. and i'm not in school for video games. i wish.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home