Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Few Months From Now . . .

Anyway, work has finally calmed down and so now I can do things that don't include:

1) answering the phone
2) filing
3) alphabetising
4) taking faxes around
5) writing memos
6) making copies

and a whole host of other pointless office tasks. Now that I have time to do whatever I please (as long as I appear busy) I have become rather bored and so I'm doing this again.

Here's the real issue: last night I saw a man (this was on a tv show) catch a fish by placing a net, like a net with a handle, on the shore of a lake and the fish just jumped into the net (the net wasn't underwater or anything) and the man said, "That's how we catch fish in Johnsonville, Illinois." And I was like, "What? Really!?" Anyway, I wanted to know if there was some kind of special trick that did it or if that whole thing was just a fluke or if that man was a liar and really the fish was tied to a string and they just made it look like the fish jumped when actually, they pulled it. The one person I can think of who would maybe know something about this is Brian (Alison's husband) because he comes from Missouri where they catch fish on a "line" and do this thing called "garring" or whatnot. The point is, all of those activities involve catching fish in odd ways and that's the connection.

Also, the people at this office just wander around randomly. It drives me absolutely crazy because they're constantly walking by me and this means that I have to try and appear busy sporadically and without warning. It makes me paranoid and I can feel them walk by like bugs on my skin.

Well, that's all. Except it's nice that Traever was able to go on vacation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Traever Guingrich said...

that may be your longest period of not posting ever. i can understand the trying to look busy thing. i should have majored in that in college because i would use it all the time. i haven't done anything this week though because it's my last week here so the only thing i've been busy doing is watching videos on the internet.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Booder said...

i know! i'm not sure what happened, i don't remember because all days are the same now and they blur together. i hate real jobs.

you watch videos? i wish i could, but the sound would have to be off because i'm in the reception area. because of this i have to do quiet things like shop online and play online paperdolls.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home